Furuno’s Solid State Doppler Radar DRS4D-NXT Radome is the NXT chapter in Radar Technology.
Target Analyzer™ function utilizing Doppler technology spots hazardous targets instantly!
The NXT series are the first Radars in the world to use FURUNO’s exclusive Target Analyzer™ function. Targets that are approaching your vessel automatically change color to help you identify potentially dangerous targets. Green echoes are targets that stay stationary, or are moving away from you, while red echoes are hazardous targets that are moving towards your vessel. Echoes dynamically change colors as targets approach, or get farther away from your vessel. Target Analyzer™ improves situational awareness and can increase safety by showing you which targets to look out for.
When the “Rain mode” is on, rain echoes are shown in blue. This mode is particularly useful as it has the capability to detect targets masked by rain clutters.
Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function
With Fast Target Tracking™ activated, it only takes a few seconds for a vector to be displayed once the target is selected.
When the Auto Target Acquire function is on, approaching targets within 3NM range from own ship, which are potentially hazardous, are automatically acquired by Doppler calculation and will trigger an alarm*.
Together, Up to 100 targets can be acquired simultaneously, considerably increasing the safety and simplifying estimation of other vessel’s course and speed.
*TCPA setting required
Approaching vessel with target vector
NXT Radars feature a new Bird Mode that helps you identify birds gathering around schools of fish at the sea surface. Bird mode adjusts the gain and sea settings automatically for optimal visibility.
Bird echoes Actual scene
RezBoost™ beam sharpening
FURUNO’s exclusive RezBoost™ technology has been incorporated into our Radar units for enhanced resolution and impressive performance. With RezBoost™ set to MAX, the sharpness offers an incredibly detailed image with more targets and less clutter.
- Solid-State pulse compression Doppler Radar
No preheating time, low energy consumption (no use of a magnetron)
- Revolutionary Target Analyzer™ function instantly identifies hazardous targets
- Fast Target Tracking™ and Auto Target Acquire function, up to 100 targets
- RezBoost™ beam sharpening to increase the resolution
- Effective Horizontal Beam*
Can reach a value equivalent to 2.0°with DRS4D-NXT, when using RezBoost™
*the lower the better
- Bird Mode to find the best fishing grounds by tracking birds
- Simple installation, with no need to open the radome (DRS4D-NXT only), external PSU is not required
- New smart-connector cable for retrofitting existing DRS cable installations (DRS4D-NXT only)
- 25° Verticl Beam Width;
- 3.9° (-3dB) Horizontal Beam Width / 2.0° Rezboost Effective Horizontal Beam;
- 24/36/48 rpm range coupled or 24rpm fixed Antenna rotation speed;
- 24W Output power;
- Minimum range – 20m;
- Range resolution – 20m;
- Range accuracy – 1% of range in use or 10m, whichever is the greater;
- Power Supply – 12-24VDC: 2.5-1.3A;
- Number of Ports: LAN: 1 port, Ethernet, 100 Base-TX, RJ45.
QME won’t leave you high and dry.