GHP Reactor 40, Hydraulic w/Smartpump Corepack Are Our Most Responsive Autopilot System on the Water
- Solid-state 9-axis Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) mounts in any orientation
- Minimal heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption with a more comfortable ride
- Minimal commissioning and calibration
- One compact, brushless SmartPump fits most hydraulically steered boating applications
- Patented Shadow Drive™ technology keeps you in control, even when autopilot is engaged
With a complete package designed for powerboats and sailboats, Garmin brings an advanced marine technology to the boating public that was once only available for commercial boats. The GHP Reactor 40, Hydraulic w/Smartpump Corepack is simply the most responsive autopilot system we have ever offered. Experience the ultimate hydraulic autopilot performance when paired with the one-size-fits-most, high-reliability, brushless SmartPump.
Solid-state 9-axis AHRS
With its advanced solid-state 9-axis AHRS, you can mount Reactor 40 nearly anywhere, in any orientation. In addition, this new system greatly minimizes heading error, course deviation, rudder movement and power consumption while providing a comfortable ride for all on board.
Reacts to Conditions
This amazing autopilot actually reacts to the sea to hold your course. Even when the boat is pitching and rolling, you can remain confident that the Reactor 40 autopilot will keep you on your desired course.
Minimal Commissioning and Calibration
All autopilots require commissioning and calibration — all of them. We know you just want to get on the water, so we made this process as fast and easy as possible. That’s the power of simple.
Full Integration with Garmin Chartplotters
Combined with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter, you can have full control of Reactor 40 from wherever you are on the boat. In addition to holding its course in virtually all weather and wind conditions, the system can smoothly perform a variety of preprogrammed trolling and search procedures. Plus, with a compatible Garmin networked chartplotter and optional BlueChart g3 Vision charts (sold separately), you gain industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with updated coastal charts that feature integrated Garmin and Navionics® content.
One SmartPump Is the Easy Solution
GHP Reactor 40, Hydraulic w/Smartpump Corepack puts an end to guessing which pump size will work with your particular boat. One SmartPump works for most boats; for optimum control and confidence, you’ll know you have the right pump for your boat. Plus, you get complete control in a smaller size with better thermal performance, higher reliability and lower power consumption. It also includes color-coded connectors to make it very easy to install. Pretty smart.
Limit the Maximum Flow Rate
Reactor 40 with SmartPump automatically adjusts the maximum flow rate for a particular boat from 0 to 2.4 L per minute. It also uses a brushless motor, which provides increased reliability, longer pump life, reduced power consumption, quiet operation, a smaller package, improved thermal performance and higher efficiency.
Eliminate Risk of Rudder “Hard Over”
The Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump is a complete autopilot package. SmartPump is 1 integrated unit comprised of a motor drive circuit with the pump in a single assembly. Equipped with Intelligent Rudder Rate Technology (IRRT), it slows the rudder rate when the vessel is at high speeds and speeds up rudder rate when the vessel is at lower speeds to provide optimal performance and safety in all conditions. The brushless motor drive eliminates the risk of rudder “hard over” due to hardware or software failures.
Enjoy a Longer Lasting System
Boating environments are harsh, especially on saltwater. So our SmartPump is protected from the elements. SmartPump is engineered from corrosion-resistant components, including anodized aluminum and nickel-plated steel parts.
Experience Advanced Autopilot Technology
With a Reactor 40 with SmartPump aboard your boat, you can have control wherever you are on the boat. In addition to holding its course in virtually all weather and wind conditions, the system can smoothly perform a variety of preprogrammed trolling and search procedures.
Stay in Control with Shadow Drive Technology
The Reactor 40 with SmartPump features patented Shadow Drive technology. This gives you the security of knowing you maintain control, even when the autopilot is engaged. The Shadow Drive system automatically disengages the autopilot if the helm is turned, giving you the freedom to maneuver the boat. The autopilot automatically re-engages when you hold a steady course.
Connect to Networked Devices
The Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump for hydraulically steered boats is operated using up to 3 GHC™ helm control units. GHC communicates with the autopilot system via your NMEA 2000® network, so autopilot heading data can be shared easily with other devices. This enables MARPA and chart overlay when connected to a Garmin chartplotter. An optional handheld wireless remote control is also available; however, for the highest level of convenience, control GHC using a compatible quatix® 3 or quatix 5 marine multisport smartwatch.
Add Even More Peace of Mind
Add an optional GRF™ 10 rudder feedback sensor, and you can further enhance the performance of your Reactor 40 autopilot with SmartPump.
1Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7 3/4″ x 7 1/2″ x 9 5/8″ (197 mm x 190 mm x 244 mm)
- Weight: 16.5 lbs (7.5 kg)
- Temperature range: From 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Material: Electronics Control Unit (ECU) – fully gasketed, aluminum alloy; bracket – carbon steel; manifold – aluminum alloy; motor – aluminum alloy
- Power cable length: 9 ft (2.7 m)
- Power input: 11.5-30 Vdc
- Fuse: 40 A, blade-type
- Main power usage: standby – less than 1 A; engaged – 5-10 A; peak – 34 A
- Flow rate: Configurable from 0 to 2.4 L per minute
- Compatible with steering cylinder sizes from 4-24 cu in; 7 second lock to lock up to 17 cu in
- Dimensions: 3 19/32″ diameter (91.4 mm)
- Weight: 5.6 oz (159 g)
- Temperature range: From 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Case material: Fully gasketed, high-impact plastic, waterproof to IEC 529 IPX7 standards
- CCU cable length: 9.5 ft (3 m)
- NMEA 2000 power input: 9-16 V
- NMEA 2000 LEN: 3 (150 mA).
- Dimensions (L × Diameter): 29/32″ × 1.0″ (23 mm × 25 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz (68 g)
- Temperature range: from 5°F to 131°F (from -15°C to 55°C)
- Cable length: 10 ft (3.0 m)
Purchase to install on your own or better yet why not contact us at QME to install it for you correctly, the first time.