SeaStar Solutions have proudly announced a historic change in boat handling, with their revolutionary Optimus Electronic Power Steering (EPS) for single, twin, triple and quad outboard engine boats. While cable and hydraulic steering have made steering easier over the years, the prime mover has still been the arms and hands of the captain at the wheel. Now you can take command of your boat without having to arm-wrestle for control.
Optimus EPS truly raises the bar when it comes to comfort, control and maneuverability. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever experienced when it comes to steering. Highly suited for the new breed of high performance powerboats, saltwater fishing vessels, catamarans, RIBS and high end pontoon boats.
With programmable lock-to-lock turns and wheel effort designed to change with the engine’s RPM, steering is a breeze whether your going slow or running at speed. Set your Optimus EPS to reduce the number of lock-to-lock turns at low speed so when you’re negotiating traffic or tight spots, those smaller moves of the wheel give you precise control. Then when your out on the open water, Optimus EPS can be set to increase lock-to-lock turns, intensifying steering effort giving the driver more stability to comfortably keep on course.
The Optimus EPS system is designed for:
- All single, twin, triple and quad outboard engine boats;
- Electronic and mechanical controlled;
- Single and dual helm station boats;
- Performance powerboats, bay boats, center console, saltwater fishing vessels, RIBS, catamarans, houseboats and pontoon boats.
Advantages of Optimus Electronic Power Steering:
- No oil at the helm;
- Boat that steers like a sports car;
- Plug and play autopilot compatibility;
- No auto pilot pump or rudder feedback unit;
- Adjustable speed sensitive wheel effort;
- Adjustable speed sensitive turns lock to lock;
- Can be retrofitted to existing mechanical and electronic controlled engines. You do not have to buy new engines;
- No tie-bars (twin configuration);
- No liquid tie-bar (CAT);
- On demand pumps which extend battery life;
- Components based on existing SeaStar reliability and quality;
- NMEA 2000 Certified;
- Meets or exceeds NMMA, ABYC, CE, ISO and SAE.